Friday, October 19, 2012

Jumping off the edge of the space: Felix Baumgartner

Felix Baumgartner is an Austrian skydiver, daredevil and BASE jumper. He set the world record for skydiving an estimated 39 kilometres, reaching an estimated speed of 1,342 kilometres per hour, or Mach 1.24, on 14 October 2012. Wikipedia  

Felix Baumgartner made me feel proud because of his bravery and achievement. Doing that was very risky but he stepped on the ground successfully. ~ Michelle

Felix Baumgartner made me feel brave and scared at the same time. ~ YiHeng

He made me feel proud to be a human being because now I know that I can do whatever I dream of. ~ Bachi

This event made me feel shocked, because he could have died. I think that there is no point on jumping from the space risking your life. But also I have to say that I am proud of his bravery and the fact that he made his dream come true. ~ Carlos
 
Felix Baumgartner made me feel more confident about myself. He is a human being, so am I. He made his dream come true after 4 years. Therefore, I feel braver because I can make my dreams come true, no matter how long it takes. I just need patience and I should never ever give up! Also it gives me courage to stand up for my dreams, even though I have to work really hard, it is worth it! ~ Aisha

When I saw the clip of Felix Baumgartner, I felt like I was there. I felt very scared. Thank God, he is a very strong and powerful man who followed his dream and he made it. So it also made me think that if I work hard, I can make my dreams come true as well.~ Sergio

Felix Baumgartner made me feel really scared because he lost his balance during his jump. I think he is a very courageous person who shocked people with his bravery. It must be nice to jump from the space to Earth. I don't think many people would do that. ~ Giorgiana

Felix Baumgartner prepared himself for a long time to jump from the space. I can't do it. I think it is very scary.~ Piruntha
Felix Baumgartner made me feel scared because I can never do what he did. I think that he is very brave. ~Marian
Felix Baumgartner made me feel brave and also made me think that life was too short. He has lots of courage to do that. I learned that we are very small in the entire universe. When he jumped, he looked very tiny and invisible. It's a big honour for him to be able to do that. I was surprised because there are only a very few people who could do what Felix Baumgartner did. ~ Brinhda
       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment