Monday, March 19, 2012

I was one of the Titanic survivors! by Brindha

16/04/1912

Dear editor of The Truth Newspaper,
My name is Brindha and I am 14 years old. I am one of the survivors of Titanic. In the night of 14th April, the moon was shining and beautiful. People were dancing in the big rrom and others were talking and laughing around the bar.
Suddenly the boat crushed into an iceberg. Everybody was panicking. They were all so scared. The ship personnel started evacuating all the women and children. I've never seen such panic in my life before.
My mum and I were put into the first small boat. Shortly after some more women and children were put into boats, the ship sank. The water was very cold. Many people died because they were frozen in the water.
If some of the boats came back, they could have saved more people but none of us turned back.
We are safe now but I feel very sorry for the large number of deads.

Thanks for reading my letter..
Yours faithfully
Brindha G.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment